Are you looking for a way to add a splash of color and personality to your little girl’s room? Look no further than wall art! Not only does it add visual interest to a space, but it also gives your child the opportunity to express themselves. Here are some tips on selecting and displaying wall art in your kids’ room, specifically for girls.
Choose the Perfect Art Piece
Before you start shopping for art, have an idea of what you want to achieve for the room’s overall look and feel. Do you want a specific theme? Are you looking for something bold and bright or more subdued? Answering these questions will help you narrow down your options.
Once you have a general idea, start looking for art that complements the room’s existing decor. For example, if your child loves animals, consider adding a wall decal or canvas of their favorite creature. Alternatively, you can opt for a classic print that features a whimsical character, such as a fairy or princess.
Other popular themes to consider include:
- Nature-inspired art such as flowers or butterflies
- Motivational quotes or phrases that inspire confidence and positivity
- Lettering or typography art for a playful and modern feel
- Geometric patterns for a chic and trendy look
Mix and Match Art
One of the best things about wall art is that it doesn’t have to match. In fact, placing multiple art pieces with different colors, textures, and styles can make the room feel more dynamic and eclectic. Play around with different combinations and think outside the box. Consider hanging art diagonally or using different sets of frames to create a unique display.
When it comes to mixing and matching, remember to keep the overall aesthetic in mind. You want the pieces to complement each other, even if they aren’t identical.
Choose the Right Placement
Placement is key when it comes to displaying wall art. You want to ensure that your child can enjoy the art while also creating balance in the room. Here are some tips to help you choose the right placement:
- Hang art at eye level: The art’s center should be at your child’s eye level so that they can fully appreciate it. This is typically around 60 inches from the floor.
- Use the rule of thirds: Divide the wall into thirds and place art at the intersections. This makes for a visually pleasing display.
- Create a gallery wall: If you have multiple pieces, consider creating a gallery wall. This is where you group the art together to create a cohesive display. The key is to choose pieces that are different sizes and shapes to add visual interest.
Tell a Story
Finally, consider adding wall art that tells a story. This could be a series of prints that follow a theme, such as a nature scene or fairy tale. By adding art that creates a story, you’re not only adding visual interest but also promoting your child’s imagination and creativity.
For example, a series of three prints of a mermaid swimming through the ocean can create a mini story for your child. Alternatively, a set of prints featuring a fairy tale scene can spark their imagination and inspire them to create their own story.
Wall art is an excellent way to add personality and fun to your little girl’s room. By choosing the right art pieces and combining them in unique ways, you can create a space that truly reflects your child’s personality and interests while also making it an enjoyable place for them to spend time.
Remember to mix and match, play with placement, and tell a story with your art. With these tips, you’re sure to create a space your child will love and enjoy for years to come.